Journal of Family Practice Site Files
PDF Access Troubleshooting
In order for PDFs on jfponline.com to open correctly, you must install Adobe Reader and disable the pop-up blocker on your browser.
Installing Adobe Reader
Click here to download Adobe Reader for free.
Once you have installed the software, you may need to configure your browser to open PDF files with it:
- Go to Edit menu/Preferences/Navigator/Applications.
- Click the New (or New Type) button in the Applications window. Enter the following information:
- Description: PDF
- MIME Type: application/pdf
- Suffixes, or Extension: pdf
- Application: Select your copy of Adobe Acrobat. (Select "Launch Application," if available)
Disabling pop-up blockers
To disable a pop-up blocker in Internet Explorer 7.0, go to Tools > Pop-Up Blocker > Turn off Pop-up Blocker. If this does not help, try holding down the Ctrl key (Command key on a Mac) and clicking on the PDF link.
If neither of these options work, please click here for technical assistance. Be sure to include your browser type and version (for example Internet Explorer 7.0, Netscape, Safari, etc), and operating system (Windows or Mac).
Having trouble reading a PDF?
PDFs are designed to be printed and read. if you prefer to read them online, you may find it easier if you increase the view size to 125%.
If you still have difficulty, contact us.